Whether starting a new job, returning to work after a break or planning a career change, our employability courses, continuing professional development (CPD) and other bespoke training programmes will help people gain the confidence they need to pursue their career ambitions.
Employability skills training
Our employability courses are designed to help a range of people develop new skills to enter or change direction in their workforce. Learners could include:
- employees who are seeking new skills for a promotion
- professionals who have been made redundant
- people who need to develop their IT skills to apply for their next job
- international students or people in the community who need to improve their English skills for employment
- people who need to be able to work flexibly, perhaps from home or remotely, because of family commitments or for those living with a disability.
Our Employability skills training package includes:
Working in partnership with employers and the Department for Work and Pension, we deliver short employer-led programmes to help unemployed candidates prepare for work and move into vacancies. These programmes include work placements, training and guaranteed interviews to meet the needs of the employer with job-ready candidates referred from Jobcentre Plus. Through this approach, we have helped a range of organisations across a variety of sectors to successfully recruit employees, including Marks & Spencer, Barts Health NHS Trust, Kier Group construction, Veolia and Sourced Market.
Through these courses and work placements, people have the benefit of getting to know an employer and demonstrating their skills; they are also guaranteed an interview. Employers benefit by being able to contribute to the training content, reducing induction training time, and meeting candidates and seeing how they work before considering a job offer.
Pre-apprenticeships offer a route into apprenticeships, work or further education for young people aged 16 to 24 years. This training is for people who need relevant work experience, work skills or Maths and English qualifications to progress in employment.
Pre-apprentice courses are ideal for people who have limited or no work experience in the sector they are interested in. The training will help to develop knowledge and experience and fill skills gaps to enable the successful move to an apprenticeship.
These traineeship are for learners who are:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed with little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 (or up to 25 if you have learning difficulties) and qualified below level 3.
- The pre-apprentice programmes include maths, English, employability and work preparation topics. Training includes a high-quality work placement and support to help learners progress to the next level – whether that is moving on to an apprenticeship, a job or further education.
Lasting between seven weeks and six months, traineeships consist of:
- pre-employment training, including any qualifications required in the workplace
- a work placement (minimum 100 hours) and an exit interview
- maths and English development (if a GCSE Grade C or equivalent hasn’t previously been achieved).
We offer a number of level 2 certificate qualifications that can benefit a wide range of learners. Our CPD courses are designed to help current employees develop skills to enhance a current role or to suit a new career direction, promotion or specialism. For people who are unemployed, CPD courses can also enhance their CV with skills and qualifications to support a specific job application or career path.
CPD courses are delivered through flexible, distance learning using high-quality, engaging content. Assessments are approved by awards bodies NCFE and CACHE and are available online and in hard copy. Learners can study in their own time and at their own pace, supported by qualified tutors.
The courses on offer include:
- Equality and diversity
- Awareness of mental health problems
- Understanding autism
- Working with people with learning disabilities
- Information, advice or guidance
- Counselling skills
- Common health conditions
- Understanding behaviour that challenges
- Prevention of and infection control in health care settings
- Safe handling of medicines
- Understanding dignity and safeguarding in health care
- Understanding nutrition and health
- Principles of business administration
- Customer service knowledge
- Team leading knowledge.
Download our guides:
- Traineeship in hospitality [PDF]
- Employer-led, sector based work academies – Sourced Market [PDF]
Contact CCCT today
CCCT’s training offer draws on the expertise of two of London’s most respected colleges. Together we are the capital’s largest providers of further education.
Find out more about our training courses.
Call our employability team: 0207 963 4156 or email: email@example.com